Please mark your calendar for a great kick-off to the 2023-2024 ASCM Oregon Season. Frank McShane, President of Square Peg Consulting, will join us to discuss how to generate more cash in the supply chain. Below is a brief overview:
From Cost to Cash: How to Generate More Cash through Your Supply Chain.
Supply Chains are a core part of most businesses, whether you are selling products or services. The process stretches from just outside the R&D door all the way to the customer. Most improvement initiatives in this arena focus on cost reduction. While important, this approach can lead to shortsighted decisions and missed opportunities. My methods address the functions in the Supply Chain as sources of cash generation, such as:
- Selecting the highest return customers, products, and services.
- Working with suppliers to get the highest delivered return on investment.
- Increasing velocity and throughput in production and service delivery.
- Maximizing shipping capacity and minimizing carrier turnaround time.
- Optimizing inventory in an unpredictable supply and demand environment.
The strategies and practices used in each of these opportunities will increase cash generation, whether you are in a growth cycle or in periods of slowing demand.
Frank McShane, President
This event awards 2 Continuing Education (CE) credits.
The typical agenda for Professional Development Meetings are as follows:
5:45 PM - 6:25 PM: Check-in, Network, Socialize, Small Hors d'oeuvres
6:25 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner, Network, Socialize
7:00 PM - 7:15 PM: Chapter News, Special Thanks, Speaker Intro
7:15 PM - 8:00 PM: Speaker of the Evening
8:00 PM - 8:10 PM: Speaker Q&A
8:10 PM - 8:20 PM: Surveys, Closing, Network, Socialize